Controlling settings, permissions, and membership within Teams and channels
Hello @Digvendra Singh Tomar,
Based on the current documentations I reviewed, a Teams bot in a channel only receives messages when it is directly @mentioned. If the app uses the RSC permission ChannelMessage.Read.Group, the permission not only grants access to channel messages within the scoped team, but also enables the bot to receive channel messages without being @mentioned.
The documentations describes filtering non-mentioned messages within the bot after delivery, but I could not find any documented option to retain @mention-only delivery while using ChannelMessage.Read.Group. Likewise, I could not find documentation indicating that tenant-wide application permissions such as ChannelMessage.Read.All can be scoped down to specific teams or channels in the same way that RSC permissions are scoped.
For your reference:
- Channel and Group Conversation Chat for Agents - Teams | Microsoft Learn
- Resource-specific Consent for Apps - Teams | Microsoft Learn
- Get All Channel and Chat Messages - Teams | Microsoft Learn
If you need a definitive product-team answer on whether there are any undocumented roadmap items, design recommendations, or alternative architectures, I'd recommend posting on Microsoft Tech Community, where questions are more likely to be reviewed by engineers and community experts focused on Teams platform development: https://techcommunity.microsoft.com/
These forums are actively monitored by specialists and community experts who can provide more in-depth guidance, including tailored examples for your scenario.
Thank you for your understanding!