Remove Tab Missing From Printers & Scanners

Mahadi Talley 0 Reputation points
2026-09-22T19:03:00.4+00:00

Hi, after Windows updates, I have two users that is missing the Remove Tab from the printers, and I am unable to remove any of the printers. My users are unable to use/print to the printers as well. I tried PowerShell and CMD to remove the printers, and those solutions do not work. I also tried reinstalling the printer, and that didn't work either. Can you please provide a resolution for how to fix this? We are using Windows 11 for Business.

Windows for business | Windows Client for IT Pros | User experience | Print, fax, and scan
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Jason Nguyen Tran 27,050 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-29T05:55:36.1366667+00:00

    I’m following up to check whether the issue has been resolved. Feel free to reply if you need further information. If the information provided was helpful, please click "Accept Answer" to help others in the community. Thank you!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Jason Nguyen Tran 27,050 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-23T00:16:49.02+00:00

    Hi,

    Based on your description, this issue is commonly related to a corrupted printer configuration, Print Spooler service issues, or a problem introduced during a recent Windows update that affects printer management components.

    As a first step, I recommend stopping the Print Spooler service, deleting all files from C:\Windows\System32\spool\PRINTERS, and then restarting the service. If the issue persists, please remove the affected printer drivers from Print Management (printmanagement.msc) under Print Servers > Drivers, as Windows may prevent printer removal when a driver package is corrupted or stuck in the spooler database.

    Additionally, please verify that the users have local administrative rights and check whether the printers can be removed using Settings > Bluetooth & devices > Printers & scanners, Print Management, or Devices and Printers in Control Panel. If none of these methods work, I recommend running the following command to rebuild the printer subsystem:

    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

    sfc /scannow

    After the scans complete, restart the device and test again. If the issue started immediately after a specific Windows update, please also review the update history and test whether the behavior persists after installing the latest cumulative update, as Microsoft regularly releases fixes for printing-related issues.

    I hope this helps resolve the issue. If you find this answer helpful, please click "Accept Answer" so it can assist others facing a similar problem as well.

    Jason

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.