Options available in Microsoft Advertising for setting up and managing how advertisers pay for their campaigns
Hello DANTu PADMANABHAM,
Thank you for using the Microsoft Advertising Learn Q&A Platform.
I understand that you are experiencing difficulty adding a payment method to your account, as neither your credit card nor UPI payment option is being accepted. I appreciate how frustrating this can be, especially when you are trying to get your account set up and running. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this issue may have caused.
There are several possible reasons why a payment method may not be successfully added to a Microsoft Advertising account. In some cases, the issuing bank may have restrictions that prevent the transaction from being authorized. In other situations, the payment method may already be associated with another account that has been suspended. Additionally, browser-related issues such as stored cache and cookies can sometimes interfere with the payment authentication process.
As a first step, could you please confirm whether you have contacted your bank to verify that Microsoft Advertising is approved as a merchant and that there are no restrictions on your card or payment method?
If you have already confirmed this with your bank, I would recommend performing some basic browser troubleshooting. Cached data and cookies can occasionally affect certain website functions, including the ability to add a payment method. During the payment setup process, authentication requests must be completed successfully, and browser-related issues can sometimes prevent this from occurring.
To troubleshoot the issue, please try the following:
- Clear your browser's cache and cookies.
- Use an InPrivate or Incognito browsing session.
- Attempt to add the payment method again after completing the above steps.
I hope these steps help resolve the issue. You may also find the following Microsoft Advertising help article useful, as it provides additional information about common payment method errors and their resolutions:
I'm having trouble adding a credit card or debit card
Additionally, I have sent you a private message requesting some information that will help us investigate this issue further. When convenient, please review the message and provide the requested details. Once we receive the information, we will be happy to take a closer look and assist you with the next steps.
Kind regards,
Chris | Microsoft Advertising Support Specialist | 1-800-518-5689