I am unable to access Custom Keyword Projects in Azure Speech Studio.
When I open the Custom Keyword section, the Projects page does not load. Chrome reports a CORS error because the Custom Keyword API returns a redirect for the CORS preflight request.
The relevant request is:
OPTIONS https://northeurope.customkeyword.api.speech.microsoft.com/keywordspotting/v3.0-beta3/projects/locales
The response is:
HTTP/2 302 Found
Location: /Home/Error?aspxerrorpath=/keywordspotting/v3.0-beta3/projects/locales
Server: Microsoft-IIS/10.0
X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
Chrome reports:
Access to XMLHttpRequest at
'https://northeurope.customkeyword.api.speech.microsoft.com/keywordspotting/v3.0-beta3/projects/locales'
from origin 'https://speech.microsoft.com' has been blocked by CORS policy:
Response to preflight request doesn't pass access control check:
Redirect is not allowed for a preflight request.
The corresponding GET request also fails with:
GET https://northeurope.customkeyword.api.speech.microsoft.com/keywordspotting/v3.0-beta3/projects
net::ERR_FAILED
Testing performed
This is not limited to one existing Custom Keyword project or one Speech resource.
I have two Speech resources under the same Azure subscription:
- Test1 — East US
- Test2 — North Europe
Test1 was the original resource where I created an Advanced Custom Keyword model. The training took a very long time and subsequently Custom Keyword became inaccessible.
To rule out a problem with that resource/project, I created Test2" as a completely new Speech resource in North Europe and tried to open Custom Keyword without creating any project there.
The same problem occurs with Test2: the Custom Keyword Projects page cannot be opened and the API preflight request returns HTTP 302 to /Home/Error.
I have also tested this in Windows 11/Edge.
Could Microsoft please confirm whether there is currently a backend/service issue with the Azure Speech Custom Keyword API (customkeyword.api.speech.microsoft.com), specifically the v3.0-beta3 endpoints?
It appears that the server is returning an ASP.NET error redirect (302 /Home/Error) to an OPTIONS CORS preflight request. Because browsers do not follow redirects for CORS preflight requests, Speech Studio cannot access the Custom Keyword API.
Is this a known issue, or is there anything that can be done to restore access to Custom Keyword Projects?
I can provide additional F12 Network/Console information if required.