I have a microsoft business account with monthly billing and it does not let me download the office apps

Hagen Ruff 0 Reputation points
2026-09-19T20:37:33.62+00:00

I have a microsoft business account with monthly billing and it does not let me download the office apps. I login to the account and when I go to "install apps" it only offers me to download Skype for business (which is obviously obsolete). The office apps don't show up even though I am paying $16/month for the full business suite

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For business | Other

2 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Ryan-N 16,095 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-19T21:33:54.69+00:00

    Hi Hagen,

    Welcome to the Microsoft Q&A forum.

    Based on your description, when you click Install apps, the Office applications do not appear as an option for you to download.

    It is possible that the Microsoft 365 Business subscription you are currently using only provides access to the web versions of the Office applications and does not include the desktop apps.

    To verify this information, you can visit the following page:

    My account

    User's image

    After accessing the page, please share the exact name of the subscription plan you are currently using. I will help you check whether your subscription includes the option to download and install the Office desktop applications.

    I hope this information is helpful.

    If you have any questions or need further assistance, please feel free to share them in the comments on this post so I can continue to support you.

    I look forward to continuing the conversation.


    If the answer is helpful, please click "Yes" and kindly upvote it.

    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.  

     

     

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Ryan-N 16,095 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-22T19:42:34.42+00:00

    Hi Hagen,

    Thank you for your response.

    Based on the information you provided, I can see that your account is currently using a Microsoft 365 Business Basic subscription.

    The Microsoft 365 Business Basic plan only provides access to the web versions of the Office applications and does not include the Office desktop applications.

    You can refer to the following documentation for more information:

    Microsoft 365 Pricing for Business: Plans & Features

    User's image

    To use the Office desktop applications, you need to upgrade your subscription to Microsoft 365 Business Standard or Microsoft 365 Business Premium.

     User's image

    If you have any questions or need further assistance, please feel free to share them in the comments on this post so I can continue to support you.

    I look forward to continuing the conversation.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.