An Azure analytics service that brings together data integration, enterprise data warehousing, and big data analytics. Previously known as Azure SQL Data Warehouse.
Hi @Mohd Anas ,
Thanks for the detail, it makes this much easier to reason about. One thing I'd check first: as far as I can tell, Fabric pipelines can't use a self-hosted IR at all. SHIR is for ADF and Synapse, and Fabric pipelines use the on-premises data gateway instead (comparison here). So the two platforms probably aren't sharing one SHIR node. What they may be sharing is the machine, for example a gateway installed on the same server as the SHIR, or both reading from the box that hosts E:\ and the SFTP service. How is Fabric reaching E:\ in your setup? That would change my answer a bit.
On your three questions, assuming a shared host:
- Separate instances: I'd separate them. The SHIR docs recommend a dedicated machine, say not to put it on the same machine as a Power BI gateway, and suggest keeping it off the machine that hosts the data source so they don't fight over resources.
- The OOM: That error comes from the IR node running low on memory while it's executing your activities. The usual advice is to reduce how many run on that node at once, or scale the node up or out. I couldn't find a published formula for per-activity memory, so I can't tell you whether SFTP buffering or activity count matters more. Doubling your file volume could well make each activity's file listing heavier, though. The copy monitoring view shows a "Listing source" stage you can compare between failing and passing runs. Since you're memory-bound rather than slot-bound, I'd try lowering the 16-job limit before raising it, and add RAM or a second node.
- Queued with headroom: The node only starts a job when it polls the queue, so a memory-starved node or a worker that recycled after an OOM might leave jobs waiting while the counter looks fine. That's a guess on my part. I'd also check the pipeline-level concurrency setting, the IR metrics, and the logs under
C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Integration Runtime\Logs. If it keeps happening after you split the hosts, a support ticket with the run IDs would be worth it.
Hope that helps. Let us know what you find on the Fabric side.