Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on Windows 11
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Hi
Every time I try and login to xbox.com, I get signed out immediately.
I have an old email address that is linked to my Xbox ID. I also have a different email address that I use for my office 365 subscription.
My son has his own xbox id linked to his email address. He set this up this morning on a laptop that had just been factory reset.
I can log in to account.microsoft.com with ALL of these emails with no problem. I can also log in to the Xbox app on my PC.
When I try to use any of these emails to log into xbox.com, the following happens:
To try and fix this, I have:
I have tried to contact Microsoft support for help but I cannot find anyway to get past the AI chatbot which is not able to give any helpful suggestions and keeps telling me to reboot my Xbox console (I am not using an Xbox console!)
I do not understand how this same problem is occurring across multiple browsers on multiple devices with multiple email addresses using multiple different ways to connect to the internet, unless the problem is with the xbox.com website itself.
Troubleshooting website display or functionality issues in Edge on Windows 11
I found out how to get in.
download the Xbox app on your phone. Log in and for me it asked for my age verification straight away. That got me into the Xbox app pretty easy. From there it should work on a web browser if you still want to do it that way.
I was going round and round in circles and instantly getting logged out. Signed in to this just to let you know 👍 hopefully it works for you
If you are in the UK or Australia or other places with age verification rubbish it seems to be an issue where your account needs to be age verified but you are signed out without being asked to verify.
Follow this for your country to complete and then you can access your xbox profile.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/accounts-billing/manage/verify-your-age-microsoft-account
Try support again:
https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/xbox-ai/virtual-agent-faq
...
The Support Virtual Agent is the default interactive experience for support. However, you can ask the Support Virtual Agent to connect to a human agent and it will provide options to do so, or provide self-serve options if real-time human assistance is not available for your specific support request.
.....