Copilot Voice Mode Option Missing From My Account

Adrian Velčić 10 Reputation points
2026-09-13T13:35:07.8733333+00:00

Hello, I’m having an issue with Microsoft Copilot. I’m signed in to my account normally, but I don’t see the option to use Voice Mode anywhere. The voice/microphone icon is completely missing from the interface.

I have checked that I’m properly logged in, but the option still doesn’t appear. Could you please help me understand why Voice Mode is not available on my account and how I can enable it?

Thank you!

Microsoft Copilot | Microsoft 365 Copilot | Development

2 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Roy A 0 Reputation points
    2026-10-09T20:35:05.23+00:00

    The use of Copilot with voice input is a mess. My son is blind and was happy to use voice interaction with Copilot and he can still do this on his iPad Pro with the Copilot App but this doesn't work on his latest iPad (8th generation) as it prompts to upgrade and purchase Microsoft 365. I have tried Copilot on my iPhone 17 using the app and again trying to use voice input prompts to upgrade but if I go to the Copilot site via my web browser (Chrome and accessing the site - copilot.microsoft.com) voice input works OK. The explanation given is that Copilot features vary with the device and version. It seems Microsoft are pushing to get people to subscribe to Microsoft 365 and it seems the Copilot app isn't as good as using the web site (note: on some devices going to the web site triggers the app (however this can be turned off). From the perspective of those with a visual handicap Copilot isn't always user friendly. My son is frustrated and fearful of updates which restricts accessibility. He seems to be able to use the Copilot app on his iPhone 13 but for how long isn't clear. It seems wrong that the Copilot app is device dependant and less usable than it once was.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Mohammad Wasi Haider 255 Reputation points
    2026-09-14T11:01:22.94+00:00

    Hi Adrian,

    Copilot Voice is available to signed-in Copilot users, but availability can vary depending on the platform, account type, region, and organizational settings. If the Voice or microphone icon is completely missing, this is more likely an account or availability issue rather than a microphone permission problem.

    Try signing in with the same account at copilot.microsoft.com using an updated Edge or Chrome browser. If you are using a work or school account, I would also check with your Microsoft 365 administrator, as some Copilot features can be affected by organizational policies.

    If Voice is still missing across supported browsers or devices, there isn't a manual setting that reliably enables it. You can report this through Profile > Give feedback in Copilot so Microsoft can investigate the account or feature availability.

    Thank you, and feel free to respond back for more assistance.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.