Minecraft used to work, now it wont launch no matter what I do.

Titus Pummer 0 Reputation points
2026-07-27T03:27:02.7333333+00:00

I have this gaming laptop that is windows that I bought minecraft on. It used to work just fine, bedrock and Java. However, I tried it again recently and it wont launch no matter what. No matter where I launch it from it always says "something went wrong launching your game. Error code: 0x800711c7". I have updated everything, Uninstalled and installed everything, and I have done everything else under the sun but it just wont work. This is my laptop that is not under any school system as well. Any help? Thank you!

Windows for home | Other | Gaming
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Thomas4-N 22,380 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-07-27T08:11:16.6566667+00:00

    Hello Titus Pummer,

    I understand how frustrating this is, especially after Minecraft previously worked and you have already reinstalled everything.

    Please check whether Windows Security blocked part of Minecraft:

    • Open Windows Security > Virus & threat protection > Protection history.
    • Look for Minecraft.Windows.exe or GameLaunchHelper.exe.
    • If either was blocked, open the entry and select Actions > Allow on device.
    • Restart the PC and try launching Minecraft again.

    If the answer is helpful, please click "Yes". If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment". 

    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread. 

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.