Unable to Complete Phone Verification for Microsoft Rewards

Getting_Adam 65 Reputation points
2026-07-16T17:06:11.02+00:00

Hello Microsoft Support,

I am trying to redeem my Microsoft Rewards points for a 1,000 Robux gift card, but I cannot complete the required identity verification.

When I try to verify my account, I receive the following message:

"Phone verification is not available at this time."

Because of this, I am unable to verify my identity and redeem my reward.

Could you please help me resolve this issue or let me know if there is an alternative verification method available for my account?

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Kind regards,

Bing | Microsoft Rewards
Bing | Microsoft Rewards

A program that grants points for using Bing search, which users can redeem for gift cards, sweepstakes entries, or charitable donations.

0 comments No comments

3 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Getting_Adam 65 Reputation points
    2026-07-16T17:09:54.3466667+00:00

    Hello,

    Thank you for your response.

    I understand that phone verification is required to redeem Microsoft Rewards. However, my issue is different.

    When I try to verify my account, I do not receive the option to complete phone verification. Instead, I immediately receive the message:

    "Phone verification is not available at this time."

    I have already checked the common troubleshooting steps. I am not using a VPN or proxy, and I am redeeming rewards from the correct region.

    Could you please review my Microsoft Rewards account to determine why phone verification is unavailable and whether this issue can be resolved?

    Thank you for your time and assistance.

    Kind regards,

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

  2. Darhyl Amizola 50,110 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-07-16T18:34:08.8633333+00:00

    Hey there! Nice to meet you!

    As an alternative option to redeem in Microsoft Rewards, you will need a QR scanner and the Bing app on your phone.

    Once you have them, please redeem your rewards by following the instructions under "Verify with the Bing app" > Scan the QR code to open the Bing app and proceed with the verification > Sign in to the Bing app on your phone and provide the 6-character codes from your Microsoft Rewards redeem page. > Once it's done, your redemption will be verified.

    Kindly wait a few minutes to 24 hours for your order confirmation via email.

    If the issue persists, please contact Microsoft Rewards Support for further assistance, as they have the tools and resources to properly investigate this case:

    https://rewards.bing.com/support

    Thank you for your understanding! Please let me know if you need anything else.

    Best regards,

    Darhyl

    Was this answer helpful?


  3. AI answer

    2026-07-16T17:07:08.4366667+00:00

    There is no supported bypass for Microsoft Rewards phone verification when redeeming rewards such as Robux. A mobile phone or landline number is required for redemption, and VoIP numbers are not permitted.

    For the message "Phone verification is not available at this time", the supported checks are:

    1. Avoid repeated attempts Too many verification attempts can trigger a temporary block. If there were many failed attempts, wait 48 hours before trying again. For broader verification blocks, wait at least 24 hours, and if needed, longer.
    2. Use a valid non-VoIP number Microsoft Rewards redemption requires a mobile phone or landline. VoIP numbers are not accepted.
    3. Check whether the number is already overused A phone number can only be associated with a limited number of Microsoft Rewards accounts, with a maximum of 6 accounts per household. If that limit was reached, a different phone number is required.
    4. Make sure redemption is being done from the correct region Rewards must be redeemed in the same region as the Microsoft account. Redemption can fail while traveling or when using a VPN/proxy.
    5. Try another verification method only if it is already on the account If another verification method is already connected to the account, try that method instead. If no other method is available, there is no documented alternative that bypasses phone verification for Rewards redemption.
    6. If verification codes are not being delivered
      • Do not keep requesting codes repeatedly.
      • Check whether the phone blocks texts from unknown numbers.
      • If using email verification elsewhere on the account, check the junk folder.
    7. If the issue continues This may require Microsoft Rewards Support to review the account. If a phone number is incorrectly marked as already in use or the verification flow remains unavailable, support is the path to investigate the account-specific issue.

    Support options mentioned in the documentation:


    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.