Windows 11, version 26H2 Update Stuck at 8% with Retry Error

Md Onik Pramanik 10 Reputation points
2026-07-14T03:39:02.8833333+00:00

I am facing a persistent issue while trying to update my laptop to Windows 11, version 26H2.

Every time I try to download the update, the progress bar reaches exactly 8%, stops, and then displays a "Retry" error. I have attempted to download and install this update more than 20 times over the last 6 months, but the issue remains exactly the same.

I have a stable internet connection, and my system has enough free storage space. Despite multiple retries and system restarts, the update process is completely blocked at 8%.

Could you please assist me in resolving this issue or guide me on how to manually install this update safely without losing my data?

Looking forward to your guidance.

Md Onik Pramanik

******@gmail.com

Windows Insider program | Windows Insider preview | Install, activate, and Windows update

Locked Question. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Johnny55 5,235 Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-07-14T04:53:32.2+00:00

    Hello,

    Suggest you download the ISO for 26300.xxx Exp. from here:

    https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewiso

    Mount the image file within windows and run Setup.exe for a Repair Install. Then try WU to get current.

    Regards,

    Johnny

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments