uninstall and reinstall microsoft office professional plus 2010

Arun M 0 Reputation points
2026-07-02T18:15:19.24+00:00

I have HP Laptop windows 11. Now I can't use ms office at any cost. Can you help me to uninstall and reinstall the md office professional plus 2010?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

Locked Question. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Xavier-D 13,755 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-07-03T00:51:35.1733333+00:00

    Hello Arun M

    I understand you want to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 on your HP laptop running Windows 11.

    Before reinstalling, please note that Office 2010 is an older version and is no longer supported, so it may not work reliably on Windows 11. You will also need your original Office 2010 installation media/download file and a valid 25-character product key, because Office 2010 is no longer available for download from Microsoft.

    Here are what you can try:

    1. Press Windows + R, type appwiz.cpl, then press Enter.
    2. Find Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2010 in the list.
    3. Select it, then choose Uninstall.
    4. Restart your laptop after the uninstall finishes.
    5. Reinstall Office 2010 using your original disc, installer file, or the installation source provided with your license.
    6. Open Word or Excel after installation and follow the activation prompts using your Office 2010 product key.

    If you no longer have the original installer or product key, reinstalling Office Professional Plus 2010 may not be possible. In that case, the practical workaround is to install a newer supported version of Office, such as Microsoft 365, Office 2024, Office 2021, or Office 2019, depending on the license you have.

    Feel free reply back to this post and update me on this issue, have a nice day.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
  2. Joyce Hutson 0 Reputation points
    2026-10-06T12:27:56.48+00:00

    I decided to try 365 so downloaded the 30-day trial. I didn't care for it so uninstalled it at about 21 days ins. Since then my Office 2010 Professional Plus needs to be re-activated! I no longer have the cd case with the codes on it. Why do I now have to buy another product? There should have at least been a warning on the 365 download that said installing it could void any existing Office product licenses already on the computer! MS should be offering free activation codes since their product caused the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?