I'm inclined to believe that this is something windows/edge is forcing on users, because I've recently started having Amazon randomly pop up as well on Edge. It shows up exactly how its shown in your picture.
Why is Amazon appearing on my taskbar?
This week an Amazon icon started appearing in my taskbar, pressing it just opens an amazon.de tab in Edge. How do I stop amazon from appearing in my taskbar?
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Desktop, Start, and personalization | Task Bar
7 answers
Sort by: Newest
-
Paulo GM 72,765 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-05-28T07:33:30.8433333+00:00 I see. Does the icon appear again? If it does, do not close it so we can check if it is possible to locate it.
-
Paulo GM 72,765 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-05-28T07:25:13.7366667+00:00 I just noticed that your default browser seems to be Chrome. In that case, open it then in your address bar, type
chrome://apps/, do you see Amazon listed there? -
Paulo GM 72,765 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-05-28T07:14:33.2166667+00:00 I see. In that case, you should check if it is listed as an app. Press Windows + R then enter
appwiz.cpland click OK. In the list of apps, try to check if it is there and uninstall it. If it is still not there, would you be able to make it appear again so we can check its location? If not, we may need to wait and see if it shows up again later. If that happens again, open the Task Manager, right-click on the Amazon process > Details > Open file location. -
Paulo GM 72,765 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-05-28T06:40:51.6066667+00:00 Hi,
It sounds like the website may have been installed as an app. Open Microsoft Edge, click the three dots > More tools > Apps > View apps. Do you see Amazon listed there? If you do, click Details and you should find an option to uninstall it.