Managing media playback issues and settings in Microsoft Edge on iOS devices
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
Does anyone know how to fix read aloud in iOS? I tried to use a new phone and it doesn’t work I tried to use another another Wi-Fi It doesn’t work and I checked my Wi-Fi speed It’s all good I deleted that app and it’s still it doesn’t work Does anyone know how to fix it?
Managing media playback issues and settings in Microsoft Edge on iOS devices
Hi,
Thank you for sharing your question. I get how annoying it is when the Read Aloud thing doesn't do what it should on your iPhone with iOS 26.2. Let's try some stuff to fix it.
So, the Read & Speak voices on iOS sometimes need to be re-installed after you update or get a new phone. These voices are kept online, so they don't work until you download them.
Here's what you do
Go to Settings → Accessibility → Read & Speak → Voices.Pick your language, and then tap the cloud thing next to each voice to download it.After it downloads, pick that voice to be the one you use all the time. If the voices are on your phone, the Read Aloud should still work even if you aren't online. [speechcentral.net]
If the voices are already downloaded, but Read Aloud still isn't working, see if the app is able to play sound and that the permissions are right. And make sure your phone's software is current. You might even want to reinstall the app to reset it.
I hope this helps.
Best Regards,
Noel