Does anyone know how to fix read aloud in iPhones I’m an iOS26.2 and the online voices do not work at all

T_ Malj 20 Reputation points
2025-12-19T11:32:49.82+00:00

Does anyone know how to fix read aloud in iOS? I tried to use a new phone and it doesn’t work I tried to use another another Wi-Fi It doesn’t work and I checked my Wi-Fi speed It’s all good I deleted that app and it’s still it doesn’t work Does anyone know how to fix it? image

Microsoft Edge | Audio and video playback | iOS
0 comments No comments

Answer accepted by question author
Noel Macadangdang 16,895 Reputation points Independent Advisor
2025-12-19T14:22:10.8966667+00:00

Hi,

Thank you for sharing your question. I get how annoying it is when the Read Aloud thing doesn't do what it should on your iPhone with iOS 26.2. Let's try some stuff to fix it.

So, the Read & Speak voices on iOS sometimes need to be re-installed after you update or get a new phone. These voices are kept online, so they don't work until you download them.

Here's what you do

Go to Settings → Accessibility → Read & Speak → Voices.Pick your language, and then tap the cloud thing next to each voice to download it.After it downloads, pick that voice to be the one you use all the time. If the voices are on your phone, the Read Aloud should still work even if you aren't online. [speechcentral.net]

If the voices are already downloaded, but Read Aloud still isn't working, see if the app is able to play sound and that the permissions are right. And make sure your phone's software is current. You might even want to reinstall the app to reset it.

 

I hope this helps.

 

Best Regards,

Noel

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

0 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.