Lost ability to edit arrows and lines after updating to version 16.66

Anonymous
2022-10-18T17:00:44+00:00

This is a very annoying bug that suddenly appeared in version 16.66. Whenever I now draw a line or an arrow object I can no longer adjust the orientation of the object. The only editing option is "rescaling". This makes is a bit useless and cumbersome.

So now in version 16.66 (and 16.66.1 for that matter) when you select the object after drawing it, the object selection looks like this

I've tried every keystroke combination in addition to clicking on the object but all I get are these rescaling options.

I then decided to try to downgrade to version 16.65 and the functionality returns to normal. Clicking on the object now selects properly and you can edit the length and direction properly (no rescaling nonsense)

Anyone know what's going on here? It's driving me crazy! Drawing vectors without the ability to edit after-the-fact is super annoying.

I'm currently running version 16.65 as a work around, but OneNote constantly forces the update on me so I end up having to deleting the app and reinstalling the older version. Am I missing something here?

I'm currently running this version of the OS (Monterey Version 12.6) on a 2020 M1 MacBook Pro

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | Other | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

3 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2022-10-19T22:57:25+00:00

    Dear Roberto from Canada

    Thanks for your quick response in here!

    If you need any further assistance, please kindly post in here and we'll continue to help you all the time!

    Appreciate your patience and understanding again!

    Sincerely,

    Stacey | Microsoft Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2022-10-19T16:45:44+00:00

    Thank you for your very, very quick reply! I appreciate it very much. Receiving a response so quickly (or even at all) is a new experience for me, so kudos for that.

    I will follow those recommendations, thank you.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2022-10-19T02:06:31+00:00

    Dear Roberto from Canada

    Good day! Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community. We are happy to help you.

    Based on your description, it seems that you can't adjust the orientation of the object of the arrow and only can rescale arrows in OneNote version 16.66, but you can edit the arrows orientation in OneNote version 16.65.

    Given this situation, we did a test on our end, and we found we can reproduce the same result as yours. In OneNote version 16.65, we can edit the length and direction of the line or arrow successfully, but in version 16.66, we only can edit the length.

    OneNote version 16.65:

    Image

    OneNote version 16.66

    Image

    Given this situation, we kindly suggest you use OneNote version 16.65 as a workaround temporally. On another hand, since OneNote version 16.66 is a new release recently, it may have some limit features and we'll reported this behavior to the related team, and we suggest you send feedback by Select Help >Suggest a feature or Give feedback.  to make our products and services better for you and others. It is the best platform for us to listen to your opinions and make our products better serve you and others. The user voting here can let us better understand what users want, so that we can better improve our products.

    Your understanding and patience will be highly appreciated. I hope that you are keeping safe and well!

    Sincerely,

    Stacey | Microsoft Community Moderator

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments