Block video media autoplay on Edge on Android

Anonymous
2024-06-07T04:30:13+00:00

Greetings,

How do I block video media autoplay on Edge for Android? Some news sites pop up videos. It consumes my data plan.

How can I toggle or block this?

Microsoft Edge | Audio and video playback | MacOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

7 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. SD - IA 180.7K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-06-09T06:13:51+00:00

    Ofcourse.

    To help others with a similar issue, consider marking the thread as answered by pressing Yes below the appropriate post. Have a good week.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2024-06-08T17:57:13+00:00

    Hi Captain,

    It seems you are correct. They have temporarily removed extension support from Dev. The only option you have is Canary :(

    OK. Makes sense. Thanks for the tip. These things take some work to figure out sometimes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. SD - IA 180.7K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2024-06-08T02:43:25+00:00

    Hi Captain,

    It seems you are correct. They have temporarily removed extension support from Dev. The only option you have is Canary :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2024-06-07T17:36:36+00:00

    Update 2

    The Extention feature is not in Developer Mode on Edge Beta either version 125.0.2535.87.

    At least as I understand it, and I'm not saying I do.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2024-06-07T15:12:35+00:00

    Update:

    It looks like this feature is not available in stable version 125.0.2535.87. So, maybe it's still available in Canary or later Insider Version. Or the feature withdrawn.

    Specifically, I don't see "Extension install by id" after following the steps under the excellent Reddit post you shared, meaning under point 4 "In the Developer Options, tap on “Extension install by id.”"

    Do you have any insight? Perhaps what Edge Insider Beta version has this?

    James

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments