A Microsoft technology based on an open modeling language that enables developers to connect internet of things (IoT) devices to the cloud without having to write any code.
Roman,
Thanks for the help. I've made good progress today . . .
- I've cleaned up my model and it imports into IoT Central without any errors
- I've uploaded the new model to the public repo as rev2
- Using the Azure IoT Explorer tool I verified that I can . . .
- See all my read only properties
- Exercise all my write/read properties
- Exercise my direct methods
- See all my telemetry as "modeled events"
Next I configured my device to connect to my IoT Central Application
- I deleted my device
- I deleted any device templates
- Started my device
- It connects to my IoT Central application
- A device template is automatically created!
- I drill down into my device
- I can see the default "views"
- I don't see any telemetry on the overview view
- I look at the Raw data view and I can see my telemetry coming in, however it's identified as "Unmodeled data"
- I'm sending the telemetry as simple key: value JSON
- The telemetry is being correctly identified as modeled data in the Azure IoT Explorer tools
- I looked at the documentation and it states . . .
Telemetry
Telemetry sent from a no component device doesn't require any extra metadata. The system > adds the dt-dataschema property.
>
Telemetry sent from a multiple component device must add $.sub as a message property. The > system adds the dt-subject and dt-dataschema properties.
Looking at my telemetry, I can see that the dt-dataschema systemProperty is set.
{
"body": {
"gX": 0,
"gY": -0.02,
"gZ": 1.01,
"aX": 0,
"aY": -0.07,
"aZ": 0,
"pressure": 1011.8,
"light_intensity": 0,
"altitude": 12.08,
"temp": 32.82,
"rssi": -36
},
"enqueuedTime": "2021-01-05T20:48:36.425Z",
"systemProperties": {
"iothub-connection-device-id": "cb9143742fbdc70708369758ef98654c7e8b2a6ae519030e7b6e9be0480dbb01ab084a54aef1819a1fbd991016700f025b4dcd92fb1a2a8e40666db52223cb6f",
"iothub-connection-auth-method": "{\"scope\":\"device\",\"type\":\"x509Certificate\",\"issuer\":\"external\",\"acceptingIpFilterRule\":null}",
"iothub-connection-auth-generation-id": "637438387425275525",
"iothub-enqueuedtime": 1609879716206,
"iothub-message-source": "Telemetry",
"dt-dataschema": "dtmi:avnet:Starterkit;2",
"x-opt-sequence-number": 248640,
"x-opt-offset": "163208842184",
"x-opt-enqueued-time": 1609879716425
}
}
Any idea why my telemetry is not seen as "modeled" data in IoT Central?
Thanks,
Brian