Disable throttling of background timers

Vladimir Bednikov 20 Reputation points
2024-06-05T04:24:53.26+00:00

Hi All,

I have a javascript web app that uses setInterval with a 20 second interval. I noticed that soon after I minimise it (Chrome or Edge), the timer starts firing every 60 seconds. I have used --disable-background-timer-throttling command line option when starting Chrome and this prevents it going to 6 seconds. However, the same option is not being honored in Edge. Anyone know what the option is for Edge? All online docs point to the same option as they are both Chromium based and the option is a Chromium one.

Cheers,

Vlad

Microsoft Edge | Microsoft Edge development

Locked Question. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2024-06-05T07:58:24.69+00:00

Hi @Vladimir Bednikov

I test with --disable-background-timer-throttling flag and it works with Edge.

Which version of Edge do you use? I test with Edge Stable version 125.0.2535.85.

I suggest that you can first kill all Edge process in Task Manager, then open Edge with --disable-background-timer-throttling flag and test again.


If the answer is the right solution, please click "Accept Answer" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".

Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.

Regards,

Yu Zhou

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.

1 additional answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more