Office 2024 Product Key not showing in my purchases

Tezza 0 Reputation points
2026-10-09T22:19:02.8933333+00:00

I have purchased a digital Office 2024 product key from a reputable retailer. Step 1 of redemption is to enter the code, Step 2 a window pops up with my code self generated by Microsoft and to select a language, After Step 2 redemption it goes straight to the Office download link. The redemption page does not confirm I have purchased the product and it does not show in my purchases, but equally there are no error messages.

I tried multiple times over a week.

I only have Office installed, I do not have 365, I've deleted any old or copy versions, cleared the cache, I have triple checked I'm signed into my account etc (I only have one) and when I open Word - Account it says Office cannot be activated because the specific Product Key has already been activated the maximum number of times etc. Yet it is still not linked to my account.

Questions: If I redeem the code and it is not valid or is linked to another account should I get an error message at redemption. ?

How can I contact Microsoft to get my code checked ? I've tried so many links, chat bot etc, even the phone line but it just says go back to the Help page and try again.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | Windows

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. John Jefferson Doyon 89,445 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-10T02:39:21.53+00:00

    Hi, @Tezza

    Thank you for letting me know and sharing the screenshot.

    Since Office Home 2024 is not appearing under your Microsoft account and the key is already showing that it has reached its activation limit, I recommend contacting the seller’s support team directly.

    One possibility is that the key supplied is not a normal retail Office 2024 key, but a volume-license key or another type of key with a limited number of activations. Those keys are not normally intended to be sold as individual consumer licenses.

    The seller should be able to confirm exactly what type of license they supplied and, if necessary, provide a proper retail replacement key.

    Thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.