Azure Managed Redis: Provisioning Failures in East US — Capacity or Access Issue?

Tarun Jawla 0 Reputation points
2026-10-09T05:25:38.2266667+00:00

Problem description

I am attempting to provision Azure Managed Redis in East US and East US 2 regions for specific workloads, but I am encountering persistent provisioning failures. The error message indicates 'CacheCapacityUnavailable' in East US, and I am unsure whether this reflects regional capacity limitations or subscription-level access restrictions. I need guidance on the current capacity status and how to resolve these issues.

Environment

Product: Azure Managed Redis; Region: East US and East US 2; Purpose: dedicated cache for latency-sensitive application; SKU attempts include Balanced_B0, Balanced_B1, Balanced_B3, MemoryOptimized_M10, MemoryOptimized_M20, ComputeOptimized_X3.

What I've already tried

I have attempted to provision Redis in East US and East US 2 using the Azure CLI command 'az redisenterprise create' with multiple SKUs, including Balanced_B0, B1, B3, and MemoryOptimized_M10, M20. All attempts in East US resulted in 'CacheCapacityUnavailable' errors, while in East US 2, I received an error indicating subscription restrictions for the SKU. I also tested resource creation in other regions like West US and Central US successfully, but not in East US regions.

Current status

Currently, I am seeking confirmation on whether East US is out of capacity for Azure Managed Redis and which SKUs are available. Additionally, I would like to know the expected availability timeline for B0 and B1 in East US and to have these SKUs enabled in East US 2 for my subscription. I am also requesting a detailed capacity and quota check from a Microsoft engineer.

Azure Cache for Redis
Azure Cache for Redis

An Azure service that provides access to a secure, dedicated Redis cache, managed by Microsoft.

0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.