Unable to access Microsoft Credentials - Circular Issue

QUATRE Thierry 0 Reputation points
2026-10-07T14:29:48.38+00:00

Unable to access Microsoft Credentials Support because Engage Center reports my account as locked

Hello,

I need assistance with a Microsoft Credentials issue.

I need to recover three Microsoft certifications — AZ-900, DP-900 and PL-300 — that are associated with a former Microsoft Learn profile which I can no longer access.

I have another Microsoft Learn profile that I can currently access. It contains my more recent GitHub Copilot certification, but the three previous certifications are missing.

I have documentation proving that I obtained the missing certifications.

The Microsoft documentation directs me to Microsoft Credentials Support. However, I cannot create a support request because accessing Credentials Support redirects me to Microsoft Engage Center.

During the Engage Center authentication process through login.microsoftonline.com, I receive the following message:

“Your account has been locked. Contact your support person to unlock it, then try again.”

The confusing part is that my Microsoft personal account itself works normally:

  • I can sign in to my Microsoft account.

I can sign in to Microsoft Learn.

I can access my current Learn profile and credentials.

I have already contacted Microsoft consumer account support and completed the account recovery/unlock procedure. The Microsoft account is accessible, but the Engage Center authentication problem remains.

This creates a circular problem:

I need Credentials Support to recover my certifications, but I cannot contact Credentials Support because its own Engage Center authentication prevents me from accessing the support form.

Could a Microsoft moderator please help me with one of the following:

escalate the Engage Center authentication issue to the appropriate Microsoft team; or

provide an alternative way to open a Microsoft Credentials Support case?

I can provide my Microsoft account address, former account address, Learn username, certification documents and other identifying information privately to a Microsoft moderator if required.

For privacy reasons, I have intentionally not included any personally identifiable information in this public question.

Thank you.Unable to access Microsoft Credentials Support because Engage Center reports my account as locked

Thank you.

Microsoft Security | Microsoft Entra | Microsoft Entra ID

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. AI answer

    2026-10-07T14:30:13.2633333+00:00

    Use the Credentials Support flow and, if Engage Center fails on the first attempt with a personal account, try the Credentials Support entry point again. Similar reported cases for personal Microsoft accounts were resolved by retrying the Credentials Support link a second time.

    For the support request itself, the documented path is:

    1. Open the online support request for Credentials Support.
    2. Confirm:
      • Product family = Learning
      • Product or Service = Microsoft Credentials
      • Type of Support = Professional No Charge
      • Preferred contact method = Email
    3. In the issue description, include:
      • the Learn username for the currently accessible profile
      • that three certifications are missing from the accessible profile: AZ-900, DP-900, PL-300
      • that the certifications are associated with a former Learn profile that is no longer accessible
      • that documentation proving the certifications is available
      • that Engage Center shows “Your account has been locked” during authentication
      • that the Microsoft account itself is still accessible in Microsoft account and Learn
    4. Attach screenshots of the Engage Center error and any certification proof documents.

    Important details from the support process:

    • Credentials support is provided by email, not by phone.
    • If Phone is selected, support is still provided via email.
    • After submission, a case number is shown and also confirmed by email.

    If the issue is specifically with recovering certifications tied to an inaccessible former Learn profile, that falls under Microsoft Credentials support rather than consumer Microsoft account support.


    References:

    AI-generated content may be incorrect. Read our transparency notes for more information.

    Was this answer helpful?

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.