How to change child-account settings

SolveigK 0 Reputation points
2026-10-07T13:35:37.67+00:00

Hi! My problem is that I have a child account I would like to change the settings of, but I dont remember the mail or number I used for the adult account as I last used it 5-6 years ago. The mail I thought it was, didn't have an account, so know I dont know how to log in. I can log into the child account, and I can see the username of the adult account. The family also has my adult- brother and sister in it. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Outlook | Windows | Classic Outlook for Windows | For home
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. SD - IA 180.7K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-07T14:17:22.57+00:00

    Hi,

    There is not much you can do, sorry

    You can try to fill form two times a day and see if you are on luck:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/accounts-billing/manage/account-recovery-unsuccessful

    Otherwise, wait for the account set age to turn to 16 when you can Exit exit the family.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.