Xbox 360; gamer tag passcode lost

Christopher Jones 0 Reputation points
2026-10-07T09:48:36.29+00:00

I have an Xbox 360 that I am trying to get up and running again, I have a gamer tag with a 4 number passcode that I have forgotten. Unfortunately I have also forgotten the security question. Trying to engage with support is just an AI that loops and doesnt answer the question. Is there a way to reset the passcode?, cant seem to find anything online or on the Xbox itself; family passcode also seems to elude me (I think we did something really smart when the kids were younger to stop them guessing!)

Community Center | Not monitored
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Gérard Oomens 132.7K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
    2026-10-07T09:57:53.07+00:00

    Sorry but this is a public forum, not support, so there is no access to accounts.

    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-profile/manage-account/lost-password-solution

    Virtual agent FAQ

    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/xbox-ai/virtual-agent-faq

    ....

    The Support Virtual Agent is the default interactive experience for support. However, you can ask the Support Virtual Agent to connect to a human agent and it will provide options to do so, or provide self-serve options if real-time human assistance is not available for your specific support request.

    ......

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.