LOCKED OUT NO ACCESS

Elizabeth James 0 Reputation points
2026-10-07T03:39:45.3+00:00

I am locked out of my personal Outlook email account. I know the email address and password, but Microsoft is requiring verification. The verification SMS is not arriving and the verification code to my backup email is also not arriving. I have tried the Sign-in Helper/recovery form, but it asks me for recent emails and exact subject lines that I cannot access because I am locked out of the mailbox. I urgently need access to my emails. Can you please check whether there is a security block or problem with the verification methods on my account and advise me on the available recovery options?

Outlook | MacOS | New Outlook for Mac | For home
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Francisco Montilla 30,735 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-07T04:15:08.6766667+00:00

    Hello,

    I need to point out right away that this is a public community forum and we are just regular users here. We are not Microsoft employees and nobody on this site has any access to look at your account info.

    To help figure out why those verification texts and backup emails are not arriving so we can get this sorted out, I need a little more detail about how you are trying to sign in.

    • Have you already tried requesting those codes while using a private or incognito browser window, or maybe from a completely different device like a cell phone on cellular data?
    • Also did you dig through the spam and junk folders of your backup email just in case the Microsoft system message got aggressively filtered out?

    Let me know and we will see what we can figure out together.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.