Sharing Permissions

Tremblay, Samantha 0 Reputation points
2026-10-06T18:52:33.99+00:00

Why when I create a calendar I do not have sharing permissions? I want to share a calendar, I tried going through regular permissions but I cannot generate an email invite to get the people I want to share it with for them to be able to access/accept the calendar.

Outlook | Windows | New Outlook for Windows | For business
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Ryan-N 16,095 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-06T19:21:05.38+00:00

    Hi Samantha,

    Welcome to the Microsoft Q&A forum.

    Based on your description, I understand that you are unable to share the calendar you recently created so that other users can access it.

    It is possible that your tenant administrator has configured certain policies that restrict calendar sharing.

    In this case, I recommend contacting your tenant administrator, typically your IT department or the person who provided you with the account, and asking them to check whether there are any policies in place that may be restricting calendar sharing.

     I hope this information is helpful.

    If you have any questions or need further assistance, please feel free to share them in the comments on this post so I can continue to support you.

    I look forward to continuing the conversation.


    If the answer is helpful, please click "Yes" and kindly upvote it.

    Note: Please follow the steps in our documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.  

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.