Azure Virtual Desktop: Connection Issue with Windows App — Users Experience Indefinite Spinning

NiaTeroFoundation-1135 0 Reputation points
2026-10-06T18:40:32.6033333+00:00

Problem description

I am experiencing an issue where all users attempting to connect to Azure Virtual Desktop resources using the Windows App encounter indefinite spinning without any error messages. The connection stalls during the login process, specifically when waiting for the virtual machine to start, and the error message indicates that the VM failed to start. I am seeking guidance on how to resolve this connection problem.

Environment

Azure Virtual Desktop; Windows App; impact on all users; no specific region or host pool details provided.

What I've already tried

We tried running this both in Client and Browser. Checked Settings, Users permissions, Conditional Access.

Current status

The issue persists with no change in the behavior; all affected users experience the same indefinite spinning during connection attempts. I am requesting assistance to diagnose and resolve this connection problem.

Azure Virtual Desktop
Azure Virtual Desktop

A Microsoft desktop and app virtualization service that runs on Azure. Previously known as Windows Virtual Desktop.


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.