Hotmail/Oulook issue...Mail going to junk

larry loois 0 Reputation points
2026-10-06T15:51:16+00:00

.I'm getting email that initially gets sent to my inbox but then gets sent over to junk even though I always select it is not junk, it doesn't move future emails to in box. I have as safe sender and a special rule for it but nothing works

Outlook | Web | Outlook.com | Email

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. SD - IA 180.5K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-06T16:28:39.2566667+00:00

    Hi,

    I think that might be more of an Amazon's configuration issue with Microsoft requirements which are strict these days.

    Add both the exact Amazon sender address and the relevant Amazon domains to Settings → Mail → Junk email → Safe senders and domains. Amazon can send from different addresses depending on the type of notification.

    Next,If the message initially appears in Inbox and is subsequently moved to Junk, create a rule using the exact From address with the action Move to → Inbox. If possible, place this rule at the top of your rules.

    Third, . In Outlook.com, open it and use More actions (⋯) → View → View message details. Can you post the details i.e. the message header?

    I look forward to hearing from you to get the results of the troubleshooting.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.