Using New Outlook on Windows for professional communication and productivity
Based on the current product behavior, Flag for Me and Flag for Recipients are available in classic Outlook, including the ability to set a custom follow-up reminder before sending a message. However, this functionality is not currently available in the compose window of new Outlook for Windows. As a result, users cannot assign a follow-up flag with a custom reminder to an email before it is sent in the new Outlook experience.
If this feature is important for your organization, the best way to ensure the Microsoft Teams product team is aware of this need is to submit feedback through the official Microsoft Feedback Portal. This is where Microsoft reviews customer suggestions and considers them for future product improvements.
- Visit the Microsoft Feedback Portal.
- Navigate to: Outlook · Community
- Select Give feedback.
- Describe your scenario, for example:
"Please add support for Flag for Me and Flag for Recipients with custom follow-up reminders in the compose window of new Outlook for Windows before classic Outlook is retired."
If you submit feedback, feel free to share the link here. Other users with similar requirements can vote on it, helping increase its visibility with the product team.
As community forum members, I'm unable to change product behavior directly, but I'm happy to help clarify current functionality and point users to the appropriate feedback channels.
Thank you again for taking the time to provide this feedback. I understand the impact this limitation may have on your workflow, and I appreciate you sharing your experience.