Using the New Outlook for Mac features in business environments
Dear @Akim Shepovalov,
I hope you’re having a good day.
Thank you for the extremely detailed investigation and for sharing the diagnostics.
Based on what you've described, I have not found any publicly documented Outlook for Mac issue that specifically matches this combination of:
- Exchange Server on-premises accessed via EWS
- VPN-only connectivity
- Memory growth after sleep/wake or network interruption
- Repeated
GetStreamingEventsactivity with empty responses - Retained networking objects and sustained memory growth
What stands out is that you've already ruled out many of the usual suspects by testing on a different Mac, creating a new profile, reinstalling Outlook, and reproducing the behavior across multiple Outlook versions. That makes this look less like a profile corruption issue and more like a client-side Outlook behavior that may require engineering investigation.
At this point, I would recommend opening a Microsoft support case and providing a summary of the diagnostics you've already collected. The details regarding EWS streaming recovery, task retention, heap analysis, and reproducibility after VPN interruptions are far more valuable than the standard profile recreation workflow and should help Support understand why the issue warrants deeper investigation.
You can raise support ticket from Microsoft 365 Admin Center>Support>Help & Support.
For reference: Get support | Microsoft Docs
If you're an end user, I'd recommend working with your Microsoft 365 administrator or IT team and asking them to raise the case on your behalf. If they can open a support request, be sure to reference that the issue reproduces on multiple Macs and persists after creating a new Outlook profile and reinstalling Outlook.
One additional data point that may help narrow things down is whether you've had a chance to reproduce the issue on Outlook 16.113.3 or later. Since your previous testing focused on 16.111.3 and 16.112.1, confirming the behavior on a newer build could help determine whether the issue is still active or may already have been addressed.
Thank you again for sharing such a thorough analysis. This is one of the most detailed Outlook for Mac investigations I've seen in the community, and I hope Microsoft Support can use the information you've gathered to pursue the issue further.
Warm regards,
If the answer is helpful, please select "Yes, accept answer". If you have any questions or new updates, please feel free to comment below.