Organizing sections, permissions, and content within the Class Notebook
Dear Valerie,
That's understandably concerning, especially when the Teacher-Only area is affected. As a forum moderator, I genuinely wish I could directly review your notebooks or their permissions to diagnose and fix this directly. Unfortunately, my role here is limited to providing general guidance and solutions that can be applied by users.
Since several teachers reported this at once, please ask your school's IT administrator to check whether any students were made owners recently, even temporarily, for example through a sync tool or a bulk membership change. They can also check whether any of the notebooks were shared directly in OneNote or SharePoint.
If students can still see each other's sections or the Teacher-Only area after these checks, I recommend that your school's IT admin open a service request with Microsoft. A technical support engineer can perform a remote session to investigate the situation, verify the backend configurations, and run any necessary synchronization tools to resolve the problem. If the issue requires further attention, they can escalate it to a specialized team for deeper analysis. For detailed instructions on how to get support, please refer to Get support - Microsoft 365 admin. If you don't know who your IT administrator is, please refer to this article: How do I find my Microsoft 365 admin? - Microsoft Support
I hope this helps. Looking forward to your reply.
If the answer is helpful, please click "Yes" and kindly upvote it. If you have extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".
Note: Please follow the steps in the forum documentation to enable e-mail notifications if you want to receive the related email notification for this thread.