Refurbished Thinkpad from Amazon. Cannot activate Windows 11.

carrie norberg 0 Reputation points
2026-10-04T14:58:26.1+00:00

I purchased an IBM Thinkpad from Amazon.fr with a QWERTY keyboard and Windows 11 preinstalled. I cannot get Windows to activate. I've tried troubleshooting but nothing. I also cannot get my purchased digital copy of Microsoft Office to install, which may or may not be related to Windows not activating. Thank you for any help you all can give.

Carrie

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Licensing and activation

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. DaveM121 937K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-04T15:32:34.29+00:00

    I need to check that laptop to see if it has a genuine Windows licence installed on it or an OEM licence stored on the motherboard for you.

    1

    Click your Start Button, type cmd then right click Command Prompt and choose 'Run as Administrator'

    Run or paste this command and hit Enter:

    slmgr.vbs /dlv

    Please post a screenshot of the resulting dialog

    2

    Download the free ShowKeyPlus app from the Microsoft Store.

    Please provide a screenshot of that app window and please hide any product key in the screenshot.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.