Windows 10 is a system of the past. You need to check into getting a Windows 11 computer unless you can find someone who has a disk or another way they have saved the OS 10 Operating System. Even if you can get it, you probable will not be able to get updates or security for it. I have an older laptop with Windows 10, and I purchased the extended security plan.
Updating from windows 8 to windows 10
I have a Toshiba with plenty of space to download Microsoft windows 10 how can I get this download for free?
Windows for home | Windows 10 | Install and upgrade
3 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
Dio Xavier 296.6K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator2026-10-03T21:29:00.6666667+00:00 Hello,
Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Community.
Good afternoon, @K Hilario . Free upgrades to Windows 10 and 11 from Windows 8.1 licenses are no longer available; Microsoft has ended the upgrade program and blocked all Windows 8.1 keys. Windows 10 also reached its end of support last October. Since upgrading requires purchasing a license, I recommend considering whether it might be more cost-effective to put that money toward a modern computer instead.
-
Bulldog 4,765 Reputation points2026-10-03T21:49:14.9433333+00:00 Sorry, you can't get it for free ... even for money.
The free upgrade from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 ended years ago.
Microsoft stopped selling Windows 10 on January 31, 2023 and by now there are no legitimate copies remaining in stores.