Samson Meteor external mic not recognized by WIN 11

Pat 0 Reputation points
2026-10-02T17:52:37.63+00:00

My Meteor worked fine on my older HP running Win 10. But when I try to connect it to my new Lenovo laptop running WIN 11 it is not recognized anywhere! I am using a docking station and a working port. But still WIN 11 doesn't recognize it. I've spoken extensively to the Samson folks and I corrected the plug n' play notation but still not recognized. Where do I look nest?

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Devices and drivers
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. David-M 127.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-02T18:36:46.1966667+00:00

    Hi. I'm David, and I'm happy to help you.


    Please try these quick checks:

    1. Plug the microphone directly into a USB port on your laptop, bypassing the dock entirely. Docks frequently fail to route power or data properly for older USB audio devices.
    2. Watch the LED light on the front when you plug it in. Does it stay completely dark, or turn blue/amber?
    3. Open Device Manager while plugging it in. Check if "Unknown device" or a device with a warning signal pops up under "Universal Serial Bus controllers". Also, check if the list blinks when you connect it. This means Windows detects something being connected.

    Looking forward to your reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.