Help with my Microsoft Office Enterprise version

Susan Kickbush 0 Reputation points
2026-10-02T04:49:52.6133333+00:00

I own an enterprise 2019 version of MS Office. I don't want MS 365, or the mail program. I keep getting notices and interruptions. I don't want outlook and I just want to use my own version. It has all the certificates for my account. How can I fix this?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For business | Other
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Rukshan edirisinghe 1,075 Reputation points
    2026-10-02T04:59:53.4+00:00

    Hi @Susan Kickbush

    You can keep using your Office 2019 exactly as it is. Those notices usually don't come from Office 2019 itself. They come from the free Microsoft 365 app and the new Outlook app that Windows installs on its own, and they keep nudging you to subscribe. Removing them stops the interruptions without touching your own Office.

    1. Open Settings > Apps > Installed apps.
    2. Find "Microsoft 365 Copilot" or "Microsoft 365 (Office)" and click Uninstall. Do the same for "Outlook (new)" if you don't use it. Your Office 2019 entry stays, so leave that one alone.
    3. Open Word and go to File > Account. It should say Office Professional Plus 2019 (or Office 2019) with Product Activated. That confirms your version is fine.
    4. If you use Office 2019's Outlook for mail, go to Settings > Apps > Default apps, search Outlook, and set the 2019 version as the default for email.

    Could you tell me the exact wording of one of the notices you're getting? If it says "Unlicensed Product" or asks for a product key, that's a different problem (a recent update has been doing that to Office 2019) and I'll give you the fix for it.

    If this helped, please click Accept Answer so others with the same interruptions can find it.

    Reference: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/uninstall-or-remove-apps-and-programs-in-windows-4b55f974-2cc6-2d2b-d092-5905080eaf98

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.