What happens to the one time Office purchase if I buy a new computer?

L Green 0 Reputation points
2026-10-02T02:02:15.7833333+00:00

I only need Excel and Word for a Mac laptop. If I buy a new computer, what happens to the $179 Office Suite?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For home | MacOS
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Ivan B 124.8K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-02T02:37:31.69+00:00

    Hi,

    If you purchased a new computer and own the Office Personal, Home and Pro package, you can install it on that computer (whether it runs Windows or Mac).

    There is no issue, provided you have the account associated with the Office package; however, you can only use it on one device at a time—you cannot use it simultaneously on both.

    Please consider rating the question (accepting the answer or not) and visiting the Microsoft Q&A community if you have further questions.

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.