The immediate AI answer said to do Start Menu > Settings > Windows Updates > Check for Updates, which I did, again, to no avail, as I couldn't find the words Windows Update or Windows Updates in Settings.
How to check if Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Display Driver Update was completed
A Windows 11 update completed while the Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Display Driver Update was in progress, so it asked me to restart my PC. When I did the restart, the Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Display Driver Update that was in progress seemed to disappear.
I did a search on what to do, and it said to go to Start Menu > Settings > Windows Updates > Check for Updates, BUT I didn't see "Windows Updates" after I did "Start Menu > Settings".
What do I do now?
Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update
4 answers
Sort by: Oldest
-
John DeV 170.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-10-02T01:43:04.7533333+00:00 Hi, good day!
If the Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. – Display driver update disappeared after you restarted your PC, it most likely means the update was completed.
To confirm, you can check Device Manager > Display adapters and see if your AMD graphics adapter is listed normally. You can also right-click it, select Properties > Driver, and check the Driver Version and Driver Date.
For the Windows Update location, try opening Settings and looking at the left-hand menu. Windows Update should be near the bottom. If it is not there, you can press Windows key + R to open Run, type:
ms-settings:windowsupdatePress Enter.
I look forward to receiving your update and I'm willing to collaborate with you till we resolve the issue. Do keep me informed by clicking "Add comment" below.
-
ApexNáV 380 Reputation points2026-10-02T07:24:52.36+00:00 OnAMD systems, Windows Update can sometimes replace a newer GPU driver with an older version, which may reduce performance or cause AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition to stop opening.
You can confirm this by checking whether AMD Software opens correctly. If it does not open, or if it opens but shows a driver version you did not install, rather than the newer 26.9.x version, Windows Update may have overwritten the driver.
Check the driver version and confirm what you find. Then I can explain how to install the newest driver properly and prevent Windows Update from replacing it again.
-
John DeV 170.4K Reputation points Independent Advisor
2026-10-02T21:31:56.85+00:00 I noticed you reported my answer doesn't resolve the issue, and I want to make sure I answered your question completely and accurately.
I'm glad to hear that the Display Driver update completed successfully. It sounds like everything is working as expected now. Thanks for the update!