Look at this and see if it helps.
https://fileinfo.com/extension/xlr
If you open the file are you able to see if you have a choice to use, Save as?
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
There was a video I found to open excel. Select browse and the file you want to change…
excel wasn’t an option. Word was…I tried different things to no avail.
I have several to change. All my recipes etc.
but, I wanted to do one at first to see if it worked.
Look at this and see if it helps.
https://fileinfo.com/extension/xlr
If you open the file are you able to see if you have a choice to use, Save as?
I don't really know but some research suggests
https://www.zamzar.com/convert/xlr-to-xls/
Free use is limitedto Files up to 50 MB.
An .XLR file is a Microsoft Works Spreadsheet file. This is not compatile with Excel. (Excel spreadsheets use .xls or .xlxs extensions).
There are some online file converters you might look into if needed.