Magnifier does not provide a mouse-click “hover over to magnify” mode in the provided Windows accessibility options.
What it does support:
- Turn Magnifier on with Windows key + Plus (+).
- Change views:
- Ctrl + Alt + F = full screen
- Ctrl + Alt + D = docked
- Ctrl + Alt + L = lens
- Ctrl + Alt + M = cycle through views
- In Magnifier settings, configure what Magnifier follows:
- Mouse pointer
- Keyboard focus
- Text cursor
- Narrator cursor
- In Magnifier settings, adjust Keep the mouse pointer behavior.
For one-handed use with a mouse, the closest built-in behavior is to use lens view or full screen view and set Magnifier to follow the mouse pointer. That allows the magnified area to move with mouse movement, but it is not described as a click-to-hover magnification feature.
To set that up in Windows 11 with a mouse:
- Go to Start > Settings > Accessibility > Magnifier.
- Select View and choose the view that works best, such as Lens.
- Open the Keep the mouse pointer dropdown and choose the preferred behavior.
- Turn on or off whether Magnifier follows the Mouse pointer, Keyboard focus, Text cursor, and Narrator cursor.
If a true hover-triggered or remapped shortcut workflow is needed, the provided Q&A points to AutoHotkey as a third-party remapping option for Magnifier shortcuts.
- Use Magnifier to make things on the screen easier to see
- Use Magnifier to make things on the screen easier to see
- Use Magnifier to make things on the screen easier to see
- How to change the Magnifier Shortcuts - Microsoft Q&A Hello everyone, I'm looking for a way to change the built-in Shortcuts of the Magnifier application that comes with every Windows 11. I was asked to come here to seek help in this subject. My previous post was as follows: Hello, I am currently using Windows 11 Pro and I am having some trouble with the Magnifier that comes with the system. The current shortcut to Zoom In and Zoom Out is Win + and Win - respectively. In addition I use a mouse from Logitech with programmable buttons and I made my Left Wheel Button and Right Wheel Button to be Zoom In and Zoom Out through Logitech G Hub. Now, I occasionally play games and I sometimes use the Magnifier to see things that are too small for me (chat, map, text, etc...) and it works without much of a problem (the games may vary) however if I press Zoom In or Zoom Out while using W, A, S, D ( or other keys) the Start menu pops out and pushes me out of the game (I play on Fullscreen mode). In conclusion, is there a way for me to bind Zoom In and Zoom Out to other keys that don't use Win and instead use CTRL/ALT/SHIFT or something similar. Have a great day. They mentioned a way to use Third-Party ways to change it perhaps through Scripting. Have a nice day, Erez