Windows 11 26H2 update won't allow wireless keyboards to connect

Jade78999 0 Reputation points
2026-09-30T20:04:50.34+00:00

My Lenovo computer updated to Windows 11 26H2 yesterday evening. Today, my Logitech K380 keyboard would no longer stay connected. The status kept flipping from connected to not connected and then the device would disappear from the bluetooth and devices section. I thought the issue may be the keyboard, so I:

  1. Hard reset the keyboard using the directions on the Logitech website
    1. Changed the batteries
    2. Turned off bluetooth on my computer then turned it back on
    3. Repaired my keyboard and it briefly paired and said connected, then quickly flipped to a not connected status, then changed back to connected, then back to not connected, and then disappeared from my bluetooth devices.
  2. I tried running the bluetooth troubleshooter feature, which said it repaired the bluetooth radio button
    1. I restarted the computer, paired the device again, and it did the same thing
  3. I checked for further Windows updates, there were none. I installed 3 optional drivers
    1. I ran a Lenovo Vantage scan to see if there were any Lenovo updates. There were none
    2. I attempted to follow the directions on the Logitech resolve Bluetooth wireless issues thread, but ran into an issue with my computer not displaying the "Bluetooth Device Discovery option" under the Bluetooth and Devices section. I read a thread about that button not being an option on the Microsoft help website, and discovered there was no way to add that option. I moved on to other settings on the Logitech thread
      1. I change my power management settings including unclicking turn on fast start up then restarted my computer.
    3. Repaired my bluetooth device and ran into the same issue again
  4. I did a system restore and rolled back the Windows 11 26H2. After I rolled back the update, the wireless keyboard started working again.

There was a similar thread about this back in 2025 (Windows 11 24H2 killed keyboards) with a different Windows update. There did not seem to be a resolution. What can I do at this point? I can't not update my computer as that can cause security issues.Thanks!

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Windows update

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.