onedrive won't take family Onedrive NOR buy more space - neither work

David B. Cooper 0 Reputation points
2026-09-30T18:42:20.04+00:00

 

trying for 6 months to get onedrive to work on a new wim11  all fails (since apr see previous tickets)

after giving up after hours and hours of try to connect to family plan to use 1T per user storage (none of 5 family users can connect to onedrive)

so I bought an upgrade from accounts.microsoft page (100G for $1.99 month) you got the money but it still does not work

 can't find where to submit ticket to support NOT COMMUNITY - I'm paying for a service twice - you can't deliver

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneDrive | Other | Windows

3 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. DBCooper FoxMan 0 Reputation points
    2026-10-01T19:55:39.7266667+00:00

    Account.microsoft said 103% of 5G exceeded, buy 100 gigs for $1.99/month, so I did, no change, I erased all files in the free 5G space -tried again, no change

    During one of the many excursions in the solving this problem using ChatGPT, I was told to create a free account at Microsoft to allow the family invite (to use multiple Microsoft products, including Excel and OneDrive)

    Microsoft lock me out saying suspicious activity, and would not create an email box.

    In order to use this computer, I had to go to the dark side and use Google tools, including Google’s cloud product, which set up in about 20 seconds and we’ve been using it since. What pisses me off is that I’m paying Microsoft for products they can’t deliver. For decades I’ve been confused about this business and personal split in their products which is a complete fail. A user is a user is a user having different restrictions on those products like OneDrive. It’s not questionable. It’s just plain stupid as an educated user of Microsoft products for 45 years, this issue keeps getting worse and worse every year. Too much complexity to use the system.

    If Microsoft is unable to deliver on their product promises, I guess I’ll have to learn to use Google.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. DBCooper FoxMan 0 Reputation points
    2026-10-01T19:47:40.39+00:00

    trying for 6 months to get onedrive to work on a new wim11 all fails (since apr see previous tickets)

    after giving up after hours and hours of try to connect to family plan to use 1T per user storage (none of 5 family users can connect to onedrive)

    so I bought an upgrade from accounts.microsoft page (100G for $1.99 month) you got the money but it still does not work

    can't find where to submit ticket to support NOT COMMUNITY - I'm paying for a service twice - you can't deliver

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  3. Jeronimo Fuerte 46,730 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-01T01:23:12.9533333+00:00

    Sorry to hear that you are having trouble with this situation. Could you please share a little more information about what happens when you try to add members to your Microsoft 365 Family subscription? Do you receive an error message? If so, please share a screenshot of the error, making sure that no personal information is visible.

    Also, please sign in to https://account.microsoft.com/services using the same Microsoft account/email address that was used to purchase the subscription and let me know whether the 100 GB subscription appears there as active. If possible, please share a screenshot of that page as well, again hiding any personal or billing information.

    Regarding the OneDrive storage, please let me know whether you are checking the available storage inside the OneDrive app or directly at OneDrive.com. If you are checking in the app, please also check OneDrive.com, as the updated storage allowance may sometimes appear there sooner.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.