Edge cannot connect to the Internet but Outlook and Chrome can

KeithDransfield-7950 0 Reputation points
2026-09-30T14:07:18.05+00:00

My MS Surface uses the same Internet as my PC. Both run Windows 11, but MS Edge on the PC has stopped connecting to the Internet although Outlook on the PC does. I have tried using the AI, ( I have 5 pages of advice which does not work.)

I eventually downloaded a virtual DVD to reinstall Windows 11 which did not work. I was often advised "If we are unable to help you, sign in to select Contact Support below." There was no "Contact Support" on the page even though I was signed in.

Asking an Agent to contact me did not work as they marked the the Problem as resolved without talking to me.
As a Subscriber to Microsoft 365 Family for €129.00/year I have previously allowed an Agent to take over my PC to resolve my problems.
I need an Agent to, please, call me

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Internet and connectivity
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Clary-N 16,565 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-10-01T03:39:54.54+00:00

    Hi Keith Dransfield,

    I can understand why you’d prefer to speak with someone directly at this point, especially after spending so much time troubleshooting without getting Edge working again.

    Could you let me know the exact error message or code Edge shows? Also, does the same issue happen on every website, in an InPrivate window and under another Windows user account? Please also let me know if any third-party antivirus, firewall or web-filtering software is currently installed.

    Just to set expectations, this is a user-to-user support forum, so I’m not able to access your account, arrange a callback or remotely take control of your PC. Since you’d specifically like help from a support agent, contacting Support directly would be the best next step.

    You can use Contact Microsoft Support:

    1. Sign in, type Chat Support and select Get help.
    2. Scroll down and select Contact support.
    3. Choose Windows under Products and services.
    4. Select Technical support, then Confirm.
    5. Choose "Chat with a support agent in your web browser".

    The contact options shown can vary depending on availability and region, so a callback or remote session may not always be available.

    I hope you’re able to get connected with an agent and finally get this sorted out. In the meantime, if you share the exact error Edge is showing, I’ll be happy to help narrow down what may still be causing it.

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.