Loss of Minecraft Java game license

Aletia Xerri 0 Reputation points
2026-09-30T05:44:52.3133333+00:00

My Microsoft account was recently hacked, and I am trying to regain access to my Minecraft Java account. I have waited out the 30-day waiting period and gotten back into the launcher. Since regaining access to my account on the launcher, I have not been able to access the Java edition specifically.

I do have plenty of proof that I actually own Java, just wondering how I can get all my progress back.

Thanks for the help.

Windows for home | Windows 10 | Gaming
0 comments No comments

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Ben4724 4,645 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-10-01T03:46:21.48+00:00

    I see. It is possible that your Minecraft license and progress is on the other account then if it is not showing up on the one you have access to. But since you are seeing a different email address, it could mean the hacker has changed everything making it not accessible anymore.

    I suggest you still go through the Microsoft account guide that I have sent to have the Microsoft team help you in recovering your account. If you will follow the prompt you should reach a form https://aka.ms/recovermyaccount and you should get an email response within 4 hours the latest. The team on the other end will help work through the issue with you.

    Note: The form is hosted on the Xbox support site but is available to all Microsoft account holders not just those who use Xbox.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

  2. Ben4724 4,645 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-30T06:25:57.7766667+00:00

    Hi there! Sorry to hear about what happened on your account. Just to confirm, were you able to fully recover your account from this hacker who hacked it? Most of the time, a hacker might change information on your account such as the email address so any licenses like game license and achievements tied to it might disappear.
    A 30-day recovery period restores account access, but it doesn’t necessarily mean everything changed by the previous attacker has been corrected.

    I would suggest to check your Microsoft account’s recent sign-in activity by going to the https://account.microsoft.com/security page, remove any unfamiliar devices or security information, and make sure the Minecraft Launcher is signed in with the same Microsoft account that originally purchased Java Edition.

    It would also help to run through the Microsoft support page for hacked account guide to make sure you have fully recovered your account: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/accounts-billing/manage/how-to-recover-a-hacked-or-compromised-microsoft-account

    Was this answer helpful?


Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.