account hacked and email changed

Rowan Anderson 0 Reputation points
2026-09-30T05:32:27.58+00:00

my account got hacked and the email got changed so I cant use the account recovery for because my email is no longer associated with Microsoft.

this has been going on for like a week and there is no way to actually talk to someone who can fix this with the system Microsoft has now. the system seems like it was set up on a "we don't want to pay people to help you we'll just use an LLM and public forms" motto. I've tried every thing I'm able to do and nothing is of avail. this is a common problem too so I don't see why there aren't any solid solutions. why doesn't the form asks for more information regarding your account like previous usernames; what games you bought and who your friends are. I'm more than sure that Microsoft has the resources to all of this. like why not train the ai to go "Oh the email you've put in was tied to us(not anymore) and the account is now under a really suspicious email, probably was hacked you can have your account back".

  • frustrated customer
Windows for home | Other | Security and privacy
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Oldest
  1. DaveM121 936.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-30T06:05:38.2266667+00:00

    I wish I had better news for you, this forum is just a user to user forum, for security purposes, no-one here has any account access, when a Microsoft account is hacked, if the hackers change the associated data like the Email, then that account is usually no longer recoverable, try using the process they provide on this link to recover a hacked account, if this process is not successful, sadly, that account cannot be recovered.

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/account-billing/how-to-recover-a-hacked-or-compromised-microsoft-account-24ca907d-bcdf-a44b-4656-47f0cd89c245

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.