Using older versions of Outlook for Mac in business environments
I understand how frustrating it can be when you are unable to send or receive emails.
Please understand that this is a user-to-user community forum, and I am not a Microsoft representative. I do not have access to Microsoft’s internal systems or the ability to arrange a phone call with you. I can only provide guidance based on publicly available information.
If you need phone support or assistance from Microsoft Support, you will need to raise a support ticket.
For a business account (such as an account with your company domain or an @onmicrosoft.com account), you can raise a support ticket by following these steps:
- Sign in to the Microsoft 365 admin center using your Microsoft 365 administrator account.
- Select the Help & support (headset) icon.
- If Support Assistant is enabled, turn it off.
- Type contact support in the search box.
- Select Contact support, then choose Phone or Email to submit your ticket.
Please note that you may need the appropriate administrator permissions, such as the Global Administrator role, to raise a support ticket. If you are an end user, please contact your organization's Microsoft 365 administrator for assistance.
Once the ticket has been submitted, Microsoft Support will contact you using the method you selected.
For more information, please refer to this article: Get support - Microsoft 365 admin | Microsoft Learn
If you are unsure who your Microsoft 365 administrator is, please refer to: How do I find my Microsoft 365 admin? - Microsoft Support
In the meantime, to help me better understand the situation and provide relevant troubleshooting steps, could you please provide the following details?
- Which version of macOS and Outlook for Mac are you using?
- Are you able to send and receive emails through Outlook on the web?
- Do you receive any error message when you try to send or receive an email? If so, please provide the exact error message and, if possible, a screenshot. Please make sure to hide any personal or sensitive information before posting it.
- When did this issue start?
- Is this a Microsoft 365/Exchange, IMAP, or POP account?
You can also refer to these articles to see if they can help with your situation:
- I can't send or receive messages with Outlook for Mac | Microsoft Support
- I'm not receiving email or other items in my Exchange account in Outlook for Mac | Microsoft Support
Best regards,