Microsoft 365 Business Standard set up issue

Julia Walker 0 Reputation points
2026-09-29T20:35:05.93+00:00

I recently purchased MS365 Business Standard from the Apple Store and received a Product key. When I follow the steps - including a private browser - it gets completely stuck on a screen that says 'Switch to an account that has permission; your account doesn't have permission to view or manage this page; Login is not supported for consumers without business presence'. It then has a blue box - 'Sign out and login with a different account' - but when I click on that nothing happens. How can I set up the MS package I purchased?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Install, redeem, activate | For business | MacOS

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Ruby Nguyen 2,885 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-29T21:20:21.7066667+00:00

    Good day Julia, 

    Just to gently clarify before going any further, this forum is separate from Microsoft Support. I don’t have the ability to access or investigate individual accounts or escalate the issue directly Microsoft Support because this is a user‑to‑user support forum. 

    Since you didn't mention which page you used to redeem the product key, please follow the steps below to ensure the redemption process is completed correctly: 

    Go to: https://signup.microsoft.com/get-started/setupkey  

    Enter your Business Standard product key. 

    Follow the on screen instructions to complete the setup. 

    If you don't already have a Microsoft 365 business organization, the setup process will guide you through creating one. 

    Save the business administrator account and password that you create during setup. 

    Once the setup is complete, please sign in with that business administrator account to manage your subscription, billing and services in the Microsoft 365 admin center. 

    If you are unable to complete the setup after following the steps above and the product key is reported as invalid, already redeemed, inactive, or unavailable in your region, I recommend contacting the Apple Support or the seller listed on your purchase receipt for further assistance. 

    Note: This link is shared by community members for your convenience. It points to a third-party site that is not managed or verified by Microsoft. I can’t guarantee the quality, safety, or suitability of any content or software found there. Please review carefully and make sure you understand any potential risks before using it.  

    Additional information is available in the following resource: Where to enter your Office product key | Microsoft Support 

    If you have any questions, please don’t hesitate to reach out at any time. 

    Thank you for your patience and understanding. 


    If you have any extra questions about this answer, please click "Comment".            

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.