Communication Services: Issue with Enabling Dynamic Alphanumeric Sender ID — Not Available

Baptiste Bellot 0 Reputation points
2026-09-29T14:20:07.5133333+00:00

Problem description

I am trying to enable the Dynamic Alphanumeric Sender ID feature in Azure Communication Services, but the option is not available in the portal, despite documentation indicating support. The same problem persists across multiple tenants, with billing addresses always in Germany.

Environment

Azure Communication Services Dynamic SMS/alphanumeric sender ID capability, Standard subscription, affected in multiple tenants, location not specified in case information.

What I've already tried

I reviewed the documentation expecting the feature to be available. The support thread and case history contain no additional troubleshooting steps or configuration changes. I verified that prerequisites are met, including billing profile country, SMS enablement, and regional policies, but the feature remains unavailable.

Current status

The feature is still unavailable despite meeting documented prerequisites. I seek assistance to understand the cause and steps to enable Dynamic Alphanumeric Sender ID in my environment.

Azure Communication Services

2 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.

    1 deleted comment

    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Golla Venkata Pavani 7,535 Reputation points Microsoft External Staff Moderator
    2026-09-29T15:11:22.4466667+00:00

    Hi @Baptiste Bellot

    Thank you for reaching us regarding the issue that you are not able to enable dynamic Alphanumeric ID. I have checked with the backend team and they enabled to acquire DASID numbers. 

    I’m glad to hear your positive response and appreciate you sharing the update.

    Just checking in to see if the earlier answer helped resolve your query. If it did, please click “Accept the answer” and consider upvoting it—this can be helpful for other community members who might face a similar issue.

    If you have any further questions or need additional assistance, please feel free to let us know. We’re here to help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.