recovery key

Girma Agonafer 0 Reputation points
2026-09-28T21:15:56.83+00:00

where is my recovery key? It looks like I lost it.

Windows for home | Windows 11 | Recovery and backup
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Lester Bernard Reyes 85,510 Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-28T21:48:07.7666667+00:00

    Hi, I'm Bernard. I'm happy to help!

    Are you the only one signed in to that device, or is there a previous owner of the PC? If there is, you need to ask the previous owner for the BitLocker key, or direct them to the link below.

    If you are the only one, or there is another account on it, go to:

    https://account.microsoft.com/devices/recoverykey

    To check for the BitLocker recovery key.

    For reference: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/find-your-bitlocker-recovery-key-6b71ad27-0b89-ea08-f143-056f5ab347d6

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.