I want to use a previously used password - is there a way to bypass the restriction of using an old password?

Chace 0 Reputation points
2026-09-28T15:46:14.54+00:00

When I first set my password requirements for my new Dell Pro 14 PC the other day, I set my password and while it accepted the password, it made me change my password again at the end of setup and I want to go to the original password if thats possible?

Windows for home | Other | Security and privacy
0 comments No comments

1 answer

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. David-M 127.3K Reputation points Independent Advisor
    2026-09-28T16:22:04.25+00:00

    Hi. I'm David, and I'm happy to help you.


    I can help you get back to using your original password. To make sure I give you the exact steps that will work for your setup, do you know if you signed in with a Microsoft account (like an Outlook or Hotmail email) or if you created a local account just for this PC?

    If you aren't sure while logged in, you can check by going to "Start > Settings > Accounts > Your info". If an email address is listed right under your name, it's a Microsoft account. If it says "Local Account" instead, it's a local one.


    Looking forward to your reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments

Your answer

Answers can be marked as 'Accepted' by the question author and 'Recommended' by moderators, which helps users know the answer solved the author's problem.