System Specifications, Version
OS: Windows 11 Home
Version: 26200.9550
What exactly is the problem?
The Turkish keyboard layout (QWERTY, Turkish Q) is selected.
However, when using the AltGr key—whether via the physical keyboard or the On-Screen Keyboard (osk.exe)—characters like "~", "¨", and "`" are registered as "dead keys," resulting in them appearing twice.
This causes special characters that should normally appear only once to be output incorrectly as double characters.
Installation, Settings, and When the Issue Started?
The installation was initiated directly with the QWERTY (Turkish Q) layout; the settings menu reflects this, and there is no trace of the Turkish F layout. (No external English keyboard has ever been connected to the computer, and no other languages are installed.)
I have experienced this same issue since I started using Windows 11 (approximately two and a half years ago), and it has never been fixed.
Has It Been Tested on Another Device?
It has been tested on three different devices (including one running Windows 11 Pro), and the same issue occurred on all of them.
So, what confirms that this is an operating system issue?
The proof lies in the fact that on any Linux distribution, special characters like "~", "¨", and "`" appear only once when using AltGr (i.e., they do not appear twice as they would with a dead key).
I believe this is likely a bug that needs to be fixed. (I plan to share this via the Windows Feedback Hub.)
Is there any way to fix this issue, either temporarily or permanently?